The best pizzas I ever had in my life have always been the ones with a thin crunchy bottom and filled with colorful, culinary, creamy and taste-full ingredients, preferably with a taste of garlic and oregano in every bite.
Just a few weeks ago I tried making a Raw pizza for the first time and it turned out to be a complete success, in relevance to what is described above. And so, I decided that it needs to be shared with the world.
The general recommendation in this recipe is to use all organic (poison free) ingredients for the experience.
You need a dehydrator, food processor and a blender for this recipe.
Round & simple food dehydrators like this one for example are preferable for the affordable price and the round shape suitable for pizza.
Its also recommended to read through the recipe to get an overview of the process before starting to make it from step 1.
START WITH THE DOUGH
1. Mix the following ingredients in a big bowl.
– 2 dl cups of raw pumpkin seeds
– 2 dl cups of raw sunflower seeds
– 2 dl cups of raw sesame seeds
– 1 dl cup of raw hemp seeds
Fill the bowl with water, and let the seeds soak for at least 6-9 hours (over night). Changing the water 1-2 times is a great idea because you will get rid of the some debree from released from the seeds and dissolved into the water.
2. Mix 2 dl cups of raw chia seeds with 6 dl cups of water and let it soak for 2-3 hours.
A good timing is to do this in the morning at the same time as you change the water of the seeds that have been soaking over night.
Its a good idea to to give the water & chia seed mix a stir now and then.
After 2-3 hours the mixture will have turned into a pretty thick gel, which will serve as the binder for the seed-crips pizza bottom.
3. Pour off the water from seeds soaked over night. Get as much water off as possible and then mix these soaked seeds with the chia seed gel.
Add about 1 tea spoon of organic sea salt (if pulverizes salt; a half a teaspoon may be enough), 1 tea spoon of cardamom and 1 tea spoon of cinnamon. Stir thoroughly, have a taste and add more of the above if you find it necessary.
Then spread the ‘dough’ out to 4-5 millimeter thin pieces on parchment paper in you’d food dehydrator. Put the dehydrator on 41 degrees celsius (to keep it all raw) and let them go as hard and crispy as possible (for about 9 hours).
This amount of dough should be enough for about 5 pizza bottoms ! Once they are dried, they can be stored for a long time to be used later.
IN THE MEANTIME MAKE YOUR PLANT BASED CHESE
1. Soak 1 and a half dl cup of brazil nuts for 2-3 hours.
2. Put them in a food processor, with 2 tablespoons of water, 1 handful of parsley, 1 clove of garlic, 1 table spoon of coconut oil and a pinch of salt. Mix in the food processor until you get a creamy cheesy consistency.
3. Add 1-2 table spoons of fresh rejuvelac as a source of plant based pro-bacteria. This is not a must, it needs a much longer preparation time, but it does make the cheese smell and taste more cheesy. Using spelt to make the rejuvelac is recommended for a gluten free pro bacterial source.
AND NOW THE PIZZA TOPPING
1. Bring out the pizza bottom that you have prepared. Don’t worry if its very hard and crispy, the cheese and tomato sauce will give it the perfect consistency.
2. Spread a thin layer of the cheese that you have prepared on the seed crisp dough.
3. Blend 2 tomato’s, with 1 clove of garlic, a few pinches of oregano and 1 tablespoon of olive oil together in a blender until you get them all blended into to a sauce. Spread this sauce on top of the cheese.
4. Add the following toppings (all raw and organic of course):
– Cherry tomato, thin slices or chopped pieces as preferred
– Zuccini/Squash, thin slices or chopped pieces as preferred
– Paprika/Bell-pepper, thin slices or chopped pieces as preferred
– Shiitake or common while/field mushrooms, thin slices or chopped pieces as preferred
– Avocado, thin slices or chopped pieces as preferred
– Whole olives, preferably pitted.
5. Let it be in the dehydrator for about 2-3 hours at 41 degrees celcius
Serve with a glass of vibrant fresh juice and a carrot-beetroot-hempseed pizza salad (1 grated raw carrot + 1 grated raw beetroot, 1 tablespoon of hemp-seeds and a dash of organic apple cider vinegar)
– Complete protein with all 20 amino acids in big amounts.
– A perfect combination & balance of Omega 3, omega 6 and omega 9 oils.
– Healthy and unprocessed plant-based fats
– Healthy and unprocessed plant-based carbohydrates.
Bon Appetite, I hope you will enjoy this fractalicious, healthy & nutritionally complete meal.
– Mehdi Nodehi
About the Author
M.Sc. in Biochemistry, creator of Iterated-Reality.com, intuitive energy worker, conscious visionary and entrepreneur.
Previous education, research & work involves; In vitro evolution of regulatory proteins at the Dept. of Biochemistry at Uppsala University. Market Analyst & Consultant at GE Healthcare, Product Manager at Isconova (Vaccine Adjuvant Supplier). Initiator & co-creator of Earthship Biotecture Sweden & Earthship Biotecture Europe. A graduate from the School Of Entrepreneurship at Uppsala University and the Swedish University of agricultural Sciences. 12 years of independent public interest research and analysis.